Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sun and fried zucchini [words that warm my heart]

I walked down the stairs into the courtyard to see something strange but yet oddly familiar.  On the leaves of the plants, on the tiled floor, on the peeling walls on the metal gate; sunlight.  Oh what a sight! After days of rain, housebound sick days, and Carnaval nights the sun was a beautiful sight.  A good omen for the start of the day.

Some days are just depressing in nature I think.  I've been a bit of a funk lately but the moment I saw the sun I finally felt it come to an end.  I met up with Chelsea and went to my 9am class: Introducción al siglo XX with the new teacher who I absolutely hate.  The teacher who picks on the foreigners, has a thick accent, mumbles, and is extremely unorganized...that one.  And with that the funk should return

But it didn't! I was able to sit through the class without my heart dropping in fear of being humiliated!  I spoke up a few times even!!  I don't what got into me today, but everything just went smoothly...The other class that I was afraid about -lingüística aplicada- actually turned out to be extremely interesting the other day too!  I was at the edge of my seat listening to a lecture about phonetics and decoding recordings to identify vowel and letter sounds.  This sounds pretty boring to most, but what usually tickles my fancy tends to be a little different from what most people like.  

After class I went back home for breakfast and then headed back out with Chelsea and Sara to head to the Chinese shop to pick up envelopes and then to post office to send a couple letters.  Sara went to her class after and Chelsea and I walked back to the plaza to talk for a couple of hours.  By 3 I was back in the house for lunch and was given one of my favorites: fried zucchini! 6 crispy and salty slices of breaded goodness.  I had it with some of my beloved hot sauce, some bread, and a bowl of rice and chicken: another bright side to my day.

My goal for the rest of the week before I leave for Cáceres on Friday: buy red pants and watch Torrente 4 Lethal Crisis in the movie theater.    

No comments:

Post a Comment