Friday, February 18, 2011

Awaiting tomorrow

Sorry for the lack of blogs.  Ever since Córdoba it has been rainy and cold.  Other than school, there's nothing really to do here except for laying out on the beach or shopping and everything shuts down from 2 until 6.  This makes the rain extra depressing.  Bad news seemed to just pile up making this week absolutely horrible.  Thank God tomorrow I am going to Africa....Oh, I think I forgot to mention....in 7 and a half hours I'm heading to Africa.  I'm going to explore Marrakesh for 4 days, working through the souks, the medina, around mountains, and trying to absorb as much arab culture as possible. A dream vacation :)

Another accomplishment for this week was a flight to Barcelona.  From the 31st of March to the 3rd of April I will be in Barcelona!!  The flight from Seville to the city was 21€ round trip (originally 11€ before taxes and administration costs).  I've always dreamed of seeing the Sagrada Familia, parque güell, montuïc, Calle Rambla, etc.  I just got lucky with the absolute cheapest flight available (3,70€ there and 6€ back plus booking fees).  Let me remind those who are not good with geography that's 665 miles (that's a trip from Boston Commons to Central park in NYC, to Boston again, and then a trip back to the same spot in New York City!!)

Now I'm looking for a ticket to Ciudad Real at the end of February to meet up with my Spanish friends.  My first Spanish friends :)  I've been talking with them for a couple years now and will finally get to meet up with them...only problem; train ticket is 90€ yikes.

Off to sleep and off to Africa.  Bonne nuit!

No comments:

Post a Comment