Monday, May 23, 2011

Birthday Day number 5! London Part 2

            First off, I should probably start this blog entry with a disclaimer…DISCLAIMER:  I do, actually, in all reality, truly have school work here.  I promise.  I know it seems like I am always traveling and going out, but that to me is the fun part of my trip and that is the only part I write about in my blogs.  If you have been noticing the long gaps in entries it is for that reason; my life is now filled with homework and essays.  For an update on my academic achievements, I got ranked the fourth best essay by my Lingüística Aplicada class! The professor told me how interesting she found my work about the intercultural mediation of Moroccan students in the sphere of the Andalucian educational system! (This was the 20 page essay, 1.5 spacing, size 10 font).  Then later in class she pointed me out in front of everyone to say how well written it was and that it was obvious that I was American because of my “well structured and factual essay.  Americans know how to write academic pieces really well”.  I’m really happy that everything is falling into place and that I’ve received amazing feedback so far!
            Now, back to the fun stuff!  I went to London again last weekend: happy birthday to me!  It was absolutely lovely.  I stayed at the same friend’s house, but this time he had to work so I got to explore the city by myself. I had so much fun that I lost track of time and ended up spending 13 hours walking, shopping, eating, and taking pictures.  I saw the sun set over Big Ben, I sat on the banks of the river, I explored Chinatown and ordered a coconut bubble tea.  It was a trip set to my own rhythm with complete freedom to do what I wanted, when I wanted.  I was alone but not lonely.  MUCH better than the Seville trip.  After an amazing day, I met back up with Adam at his apartment to watch TV and eat trifle.  I’d say my weekend was a success! Next stop: Prague! 2 days!!       












No comments:

Post a Comment